Power sources, energy processes, general power plant, power balance and charakteristic curves. Review of energy production technologies (conventional and non conventional) - electricity, steam, hot water, coal, liquid fuels, gas. Power generation stations, their basic parts, their basic operational charakteristic curves and calculations, operation, control. Enviromental effects of power generating and actions of their minimization.
- BE1M16VEN, AE1M16VEN - Power and Heat Production
Rules for obtaining an assessment:
- Passing the assessment test with the minimum grade sufficient, one reparation is allowed.
- Commitment of a written paper, one week prior to assessment week at least.
- Presentation of all numerical problems in the exercise book.
- Minimum attendance on eight weeks of semester.
ALL OTHER INFORMATION AND MATERIALS WILL BE PROVIDED WITHIN THE FIRST LESSON
1. Common power facilities, power balance, charakteristics 2. Stiff energy fuels: clasification, qualities 3. Liquid and gas energy fuels 4. Establishments of electrical energy and heat production, clasification 5. Technological processdes in heat power plants 6. Combustion processes, mass and energy balance 7. Liquidation of poisonisious harmful (SO2, Nox) - economic consequences 8. Mass and energy balance calculation of steam boiler and mashine room 9. Water economy of heat power plants and cooling system 10. Power plants with gas turbines and steam - gas cycles 11. Nuclear power plants, clasification, nuclear fuel 12. Nuclear power plant efficiency, nuclear fuel consumption 13. Water power plants - qualities, charakteristics 14. Other sources of electrical energy and heat
- Training courses
1. Basic knowledge test 2. Technically-economical indexes (efficiency, consumption ratio, loss ratio) 3.Calculation of stiff energy fuel quality 4. Calculation of liquid and gas energy fuels quality 5. Calculation examples of combustion processes 6. Efficiency calculation of steam boiler by direct and indirect method 7. Mass and energy balance calculation of steam producer - test 8. Water need and consumption calculation of heat power plants 9. Condensation index calculation 10. Calculation of steam - gas cycle 11. Calculation of nuclear fuel - fork ratio, cycle of enrichment 12. Calculation of nuclear fuel consumption 13. Examples of technically - economical calculations of Water power plants 14. Final test
1. Turner, C.: Energy Management Handbook. Lilburn USA, The Fairmont Press 1995 2. Pansini A. J., Smalling K. D.: Guide to Electric Power Generation. Farmont Press 2005. 3. Kiameh P.: Power Generation Handbook. McGraw-Hill 2003.
This course is located in archive - Winter semester 2017/2018. Read-only access