What is a project management? What is a life cycle of product and project? Project phases: Initial, Construct, Delivery and Support. Organisational structure. SWOT, PEST and 5P analyses. Workflow and business processes. Schedule, GANTT, PERT. Enterprise and project modelling. Management of documentation, recourses, quality and knowledge. Standards for exchange of product and business data. Enterprise ontology.
A student has to obtain a credit before an examination. To get credits student has to satisfactory finish his/her project. Additional information exists on web page of the course.
1. Introduction. What is a technological project?
2. Types of projects. Project management. Product and project life cycle.
3. Initial phase of project. Feasibility study. SWOT, PEST, 5P analyses..
4. Planning and scheduling. Teams.
5. Construct phase of project. Product design. Bills of material.
6. Delivery phase of project. Documentation.
7. Support phase of project and product
8. Change and quality managementt.
9. Modelling in projects. Types of models.
10. Product documentation management.
11. Standards STEP and EDI.
12. Time, human, customers and resources management.
13. Knowledge management. Topic and mind maps.
14. Conclusion (Enterprise ontology).
1. Introduction. Course schedule.
2. Selection of projects.
3. Requirements, 1st presentation.
4. Support tools presentation. Consultations.
5. Initial study presentation, 1. group.
6. Initial study presentation, 2. group.
7. Initial study presentation, 3. group.
8. Requirements, 2nd presentation.
9. Support tools presentation. Consultations.
10. Final study presentation, 1. group.
11. Final study presentation, 2. group.
12. Final study presentation, 3. group.
13. Assessment. Defence. Disputation.
Jim Highsmith, Agile Project Management: Creating Innovative Products, Pearson Education/Addison-Wesley, 2008, ISBN 0-321-21977-5
The Busy Person's Project Management, online: http://www.thomsettinternational.com/main/projectbook/book_toc.htm
Wikipedia, online: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_management