The subject dwells on problems of rf. and microwave measurement in frequency band from 10 MHz to 100 GHz. Students are informed about principles and constructions of basic microwave instruments and complex processor controlled measurement systems including applied methods. Generators, synthesizers, power meters, frequency counters, noise figure meters, spectrum, scalar and vector network analyzers, oscilloscopes are browsed on. Sources of measurement errors and correction methods are analyzed. The subject leads to gain professional skills in the field of radiofrequency and microwave measurement including correct choice of measurement instruments, measurement method and measurement results evaluation.
Subject Rf. measurement.
The subject leads to gain professional skills in the field of radiofrequency and microwave measurement including correct choice of measurement instruments, measurement method and measurement results evaluation.
1. Microwave generators and synthesizers
2. Microwave frequency counters, measurement of frequency
3. Microwave spectrum analyzers
4. Noise and its measurement
5. Microwave power measurement
6. Microwave scalar analyzer
7. Vector network analyzers with frequency conversion
8. S-parameter measurement, measurement errors, calibration
9. Vector measurement systems with six-ports
10. Measurement of balanced (differential) circuits
11. Measurement in time domain
12. Microwave oscilloscopes
13. Measurement of non linear circuits
14. Free space measurements and material measurements
1. Introduction to work on microwave instruments, connectors, cables
2. Microwave digital spectrum analyzer, practical measurements
3. Measurements of mixers, inter modulation products of amplifiers
4. Measurement of compression point of amplifiers
5. Scalar analyzer HP 8757E, practical measurements
6. Measurement of switches, analogue and digital attenuators
7. Microwave generators HP 8620C, HP 8350B
8. Measurement of power stability of generators
9. Microwave frequency counter
10. Vector network analyzer HP 8410C. Q factor measurement.
11. "HP 8410-PC Controlling System?
12. Transistor s-parameters measurement
13. Measurement of reflections and transmissions in time domain
14. Final checking of protocols
 Bailey A. E.: Microwave Measurement. Peter Peregrinus, London 1985
 Bryant, G.H.: Principles of Microwave Measurements. IEE Electrical Meas. 5, Peter Peregrinus Ltd., London 1997