Within the framework of this course students gain the knowledge of selected parts of classical physics and dynamics of the physical systems. The introductory part of the course deals with the mass particle kinematics; dynamics, with the system of mass particles and rigid bodies. The students should be able to solve basic problems dealing with the description of mechanical systems. The introduction to the dynamics of the systems will allow to the students deeper understanding as well as analysis of these systems. The attention will be devoted namely to the application of the mathematical apparatus to the solution of real physical problems. Apart of this, the knowledge gained in this course will help to the students in the study of other disciplines, which they will meet during their further studies. \\Výsledek studentské ankety předmětu je zde: http://www.fel.cvut.cz/anketa/aktualni/courses/AE4B02FYZ
Knowledge of the differential and integral calculus of the function of one and more variables; linear algebra. More details on the http://cw.felk.cvut.cz/doku.php/misc/projects/oppa_oi_english/courses/ae4b02fyz/start
- Motivation of the subject. Description of physical systems. Physical quantities, dimensional analysis. Scalar and vector quantities, scalar and vector field. Physical meaning of the scalar and vector product..
- Evaluation of physical quantities by derivations and integrals. Kinematics.
- Basics of vector calculus. Laplace and Fourier transform.
- Newton's laws of motion. Equation of motion. Laplace image of the solution of equation of motion.
- Motion description by differential equations.
- Work, power, conservative fields, kinetic and potential energy. Conservation of mechanical energy law.
- Mechanical oscillating systems. Simple harmonic motion, damped oscillations.
- Forced oscillations. Resonance of displacement and velocity.
- Rigid body, motion of rigid body. Analogy of linear and rotational motion description. Center of mass of a body.
- Moment of inertia of simple bodies, parallel axis theorem.
- Classification of dynamical systems (linear, nonlinear, autonomous, nonautonomous, conservative, continuous, discrete, one-dimensional, multidimensional, time-reversal, time-irreversal). Phase portraits, phase trajectory, fixed points, dynamical flow.
- Mathematical description of linear dynamical systems. Examination of linear system stability. Solution of sets of differential equations, use of a matrix calculus.
- Nonlinear systems. Numerical solution of differential equations. Linearization.
- Bifurcation, logistic equation.
- Introduction safety instructions, laboratory rules, list of experiments, theory of uncertainties - measurement of the volume of solids.
- Acceleration due to gravity measurement / Kinematics of a particle, analytical and numerical derivation and integration.
- Kinematics of a particle, analytical and numerical derivation and integration. / Acceleration Due to Gravity Measurement
- Measurement of viscosity by the Stokes' method / Solving of equations of motion.
- Solving of equations of motion. / Measurement of viscosity by the Stokes' method
- Study of electrostatic field on models / Work and energy.
- Work and energy / Study of electrostatic field on models.
- First test.
- Pohl's pendulum / Center of mass and moment of inertia
- Center of mass and moment of inertia / Pohl's pendulum..
- Doppler effect measurement / Mathematical description of dynamical systems.
- Mathematical description of dynamical systems./ Doppler effect measurement.
- Second test.
1. Halliday, D., Resnick, R., Walker, J.: Fyzika, VUTIUM-PROMETHEUS, 2000.
2. Kvasnica, J., Havránek, A., Lukáč, P., Sprášil, B.: Mechanika, ACADEMIA, 2004.
3. Sedlák, B., Štoll, I.: Elektřina a magnetismus, ACADEMIA, 2002.
4. Fyzika I a II - fyzikální praktikum, M. Bednařík, P. Koníček, O. Jiříček.
5. Physics I, S. Pekárek, M. Murla, Dept. of Physics FEE CTU, 1992.
6. Physics I - Seminars, M. Murla, S. Pekárek, Vydavatelství ČVUT, 1995.
7. Physics II, S. Pekárek, M. Murla, Vydavatelství ČVUT, 2003.
8. Physics II - Seminars, S. Pekárek, M. Murla, Vydavatelství ČVUT, 1996.
9. Physics I - II, Laboratory manual, S. Pekárek, M. Murla, Vydavatelství ČVUT, 2002.