Subject deepens and consolidates knowledge in the field of analog electronic circuits and frequency-selection filters. Analytical procedures are the gist that lead from complete models of analog integrated circuit structures, through the simplification, to a deeper understanding of their characteristic. Design fundamental is obtained by the analysis of the dominant influences to the circuit activities. Design and realizations of analog filters is introduced in the next part.
Basic knowledge of electrical and electronic circuits.
Subject deepens and consolidates knowledge in the field of analog electronic circuits and frequency-selection filters. Analytical procedures are the gist that lead from complete models of analog integrated circuit structures, through the simplification, to a deeper understanding of their characteristic.
Credit is obtained on the basis of a semestral work. The final result is determined by the oral examination.
1. Basic sorting of electronic circuits, the possibility of analysis.
2. Modified node voltage method.
3. Building blocks of analog integrated circuits, current mirrors, cascode, differential pair with the active dynamic load, a detailed study.
4. Analog integrated circuits, the analysis of multistage (operational) amplifier.
5. Output stage of power amplifier in class AB, analysis, the power efficiency classification.
6. Voltage and current feedback structures, features, problem of stability.
7. Frequency characteristics of linear circuits - transfer function poles and zeros, comparison of the time and frequency domains.
8. Frequency-selection filters, design procedure, frequency transformation and normalization.
9. Approximation as a task of filter synthesis. Filters with maximally flat and equal ripple magnitude response functions.
10. Passive LC and active RC filter synthesis.
11. Oscillators, feedback network construction, the possibility of amplitude stabilization.
12. Phase locked loop, the characterization of individual blocks, parameter analysis.
13. Real operational networks, static and dynamic errors.
14. Special networks with OpAmps, current output, isolating amplifiers, sampling circuits.
1. Computer programs for electronic circuits analysis.
2. Analysis of simple circuits using a modified node voltage method.
3. Symbolic and semisymbolic analysis of selected tasks in Maple software.
4. Numeric analysis of selected tasks in Spice program.
5. Laboratory measurement, comparison with simulation.
6. Feedback structure - analysis of feedback effect on frequency response and stability, frequency compensation.
7. Frequency and transient analysis of linear circuits, transfer function poles and zeros, using of Laplace transform in Maple program.
8. Task of frequency transformation and normalization.
9. Design system for electric filter synthesis, solving of particular task.
10. Active filter - laboratory kit measurement.
11. Oscillator - design and simulation.
12. Phase locked loop - laboratory kit measurement.
13. Analysis of selected structures with OpAmp.
 Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth C. Smith: Microelectronic Circuits, Oxford University Press, 5-th ed., 2003, ISBN 0195142519.
 David Johns, Ken Martin: Analog Integrated Circuit Design, Wiley 1996, ISBN 0471144487.
 Schaumann, R., Valkenburg, M.E.V.: Design of Analog Filters. Oxford University Press, 2001