Application of motion equation in drives, the motor torque, the load torque, the dynamical torque. Operating modes, electromechanical transient effects. Drives with DC motors, induction motors, synchronous motors, SRM, EC motors, linear motors. For each type its properties, speed control strategy and block scheme of a controller, range of application. Drive control computer structure, shared resources organization, special hardware blocks for signal measurement and signal generation in drives, programming techniques and languages for software development and debugging, migration from analog signal processing to the digital signal processing, time sampling and amplitude quantization, aliasing, difference equations and digital control algorithms. Drive commissioning \\Výsledek studentské ankety předmětu je zde: http://www.fel.cvut.cz/anketa/aktualni/courses/AE1B14PO1
Active participation on labs (max.3 excused absences), elaboration of check test, presentment of own lab works
- Definition of electric drive, logic control drives.
- Continuous regulation, transmissions, static and dynamic behavior of the controlled system equation.
- Analysis of operating conditions, electromechanics transient phenomena.
- Block schemes of drives with DC motors, mathematical model.
- Drives with asynchronous motors, coordinate transformation, the principle of vector control and direct torque control.
- Drives with synchronous motors, excitation systems, speed control of synchronous motors.
- Drives with EC motors, SRM drives.
- Transition from analogue to digital signal processing, time sampling and amplitude quantization.
- Differential equations and digital control algorithms.
- The control computer for electrical drives and its structure.
- Organisation of shared resources control computer system interrupts, DMA system.
- Special circuit blocks to support the measurement and signal generation in the electric drives.
- Programming techniques and languages ??for software development and testing of electric drives.
- Revision of knowledge from electrical machines and power electronics
- Introduction of the drive laboratory, safety regulations, laboratory order
- Contact control of the electric drive, realization on the logic automaton
- Calculating the behavior of the digital system in the time and frequency domains
- Calculation of PSD controller
- Transients of electric drives, measurement of time constants
- Measurement of inertia torque and dynamic torque characteristics of asynchronous motor
- Sizing - determination of motor power during cyclic loading of the drive
- Direct current driven motor powered by thyristor-controlled reversing rectifier - mechanical drive characteristic measurement
- Speed ??control of asynchronous motor with frequency inverter
- Different ways of starting an asynchronous motor
- Synchronous motor
- Measurement on doubly fed motor
 CHIASSON, John Nelson. Modeling and high performance control of electric machines. Hoboken: Wiley, 2005. ISBN 0-471-68449-X.
 LEONHARD, Werner. Control of electrical drives. 3rd ed. Berlin: Springer, 2001. xviii, 460 s. ISBN 3-540-41820-2.
 Ned Mohan, William P. Robbins, Tore M. Undeland: WIE Power Electronics: Converters, Applications and Design, Media Enhanced , 3rd Edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, March 2003