|Vyučováno v||Winter and summer|
Subject deals with modern methods of welding and soldering of metals in area of electrotechnics and electronics. There are presented technologies gas-welding, arc-welding, gas shielded welding, plasma welding, electron beam and laser welding, resistance and HF welding. A spatial attention is paid to the soldering and wire bonding in microelectronics. Practical exercises provide the basic workshop of arc welding.
Participation in the introductory lecture is mandatory. Students receive training on work safety in arc welding.Without completing the training students can not attend practical exercises.
To give students an overwiew about modern technologies of welding, soldering, wire bonding and interconnection in field of electrotechnic production.
1. Introduction, OSHA, welding safety rules after standards ČSN 050630 a 050610.
2. Welding and soldering methods. Gas welding.
3. Arc welding. Welding filler materials and electrodes.
4. Gas-shielded arc welding.MIG, MAG, WIG methods.
5. Power sources and equipments for arc welding.
6. Resistance welding methods. High frequency welding.
7. Plasma welding and cutting. Laser welding and cutting. Electron beam welding.
8. Welding defects. Mechanical testing of welds.
9. Physical principles of soldering. Solders and soldering pastes.
10.Soldering methods in electronics and electrotechnics. Diagnostics of solder joints.
11. Interconnection techniques in microelectronics. Wire bonding.
12. Glueing. Polymer welding processes.
13. Automation of welding processes.
14. Excursion to the automated welding workplace.
1. OSHA for welding and soldering.
2. Identification of arc welding equipment.
3. Square butt weld, carbon steel, thickness 8 mm.
4. Mechanical properties of materials.
5. Square butt weld, carbon steel,thickness 5 mm.
6. Testing of hardness and tenacity.
7. V-butt weld, carbon steel,thickness 8 mm.
8. Study of material structure by microscope.
9. V-weld with revelded root, karbon steel, 10 mm.
10. Non-destructive testing of materials.
11. Fillet weld carbon steel.
12. Soldering methods.
13. Soldering methods.
14. Assesment test.
Bouda,V., Mach, P., Hampl, J.: Properties and Processing of Materials. ČVUT 1999
 Althouse, D. A., Turnquist, C. H., Bowditch, W. A., Bowditch W. A., Bowditch, M.A.,: Modern Welding, Goodheart-Willcox Publisher 18604 West Creek Drive Tinley Park, 2013
Lancaster, J.: Welding Metallurgy AP - Woodfead Publ.Ltd., 1999
Schwartz, M. editor.: Soldering: Understanding the Basics, ASM international, 2014