|Vyučováno v||Winter and summer|
The lectures give overview of fundamental principles of wireless technologies and wireless sensor networks in various areas of their application. Students will understand architecture, principles and protocols used in different wireless technologies and learn how these technologies can be exploited in real world applications. Furthermore, student will practice design and configuration of wireless networks including individual communication elements of the network. The goal is to teach students how to solve problems related to deployment of wireless networks, their operation or development of wireless networks and sensor networks components.
Students must have fundamental knowledge of modulations, coding techniques and multiple access methods for wireless networks. Furthermore, they must understand to components of a communication chain, signal propagation and radio channel characteristics (attenuation, gain, interference, noise) and characteristics of spectrum and signals (mean value, energy, power, correlation, etc.). They also should have fundamental knowledge of individual layers of RM-OSI model.
The goal is to teach students how to solve problems related to deployment of wireless networks, their operation or development of wireless networks and sensor networks components.
1. Introduction to wireless networks - classification, topology, medium access
2. Solutions for IoT service infrastructure
3. Wireless networks for IoT - network topology, data transmission and control
4. IoT - from HW to service
5. Bluetooth - network topology, physical layer, data transmission and control
6. IoT in mobile networks
7. Routing in wireless sensor networks - metrics and protocols
8. Wireless satellite communications
9. WiFi - evolution, network topology, physical layer, frequency bands
10. WiFi - data transmission, data and control frames, medium access control
11. WiMAX - network topology, physical layer, data transmission and control
12. RFID - evolution, communication chain, physical layer
13. Industrial wireless networks - design and planning, operation, reliability, EMC
1. Introduction, platform for projects - Open Air Interface
2. Platform for projects
3. Project assignment
4. Consultation, work on project
5. Consultation, work on project
6. Consultation, work on project
7. Consultation, work on project
8. Consultation, work on project
9. Presentation of the project progress
10. Consultation, work on project
11. Consultation, work on project
12. Consultation, work on project
13. Defense of the projects
14. Defense of the projects, assessments
 H.Y. Wei, J. Rykowski, S. Dixit, " WiFi, WiMAX and LTE Multi-hop Mesh Networks: Basic Communication Protocols and Application Areas," Wiley, 2013.
 W.W. Dargie, C. Poellabauer, "Fundamentals of Wireless Sensor Networks: Theory and Practice," Wiley, 2010.
 Kevin Townsend, C. Cufí, Akiba, R. Davidson, "Getting Started with Bluetooth Low Energy: Tools and Techniques for Low-Power Networking," O'Reilly Media, 2014.
 V. Coskun, K. Ok, B. Ozdenizci, "Near Field Communication (NFC): From Theory to Practice," Wiley 2012.
 K. Finkenzeller, D. Muller, RFID Handbook: Fundamentals and Applications in Contactless Smart Cards, Radio Frequency Identification and Near-Field Communication, 3rd Edition", Wiley 2010.