|Vyučováno v||Winter and summer|
A complex course dedicated to interdisciplinary problems - the legal aspects of electronic communications (information and communications systems), as well as media from the viewpoint of European and national law. It analyses the areas of informatics, electronic communications, information society services, copyright and general intellectual property rights, the protection of identity, introduction to software law and the Internet as a global communication and information system.
For successful completion of the course, presentation of the results of individual work assigned by the lecturer Attendance of all seminars is obligatory. Final examinations are in the form of a test and oral examination.
1. Introduction to the course. Basic terms.
2. Development of communication and the media legislative framework in the last three decades.
3. Media law and regulation of the Internet I
4. Media law and regulation of the Internet II
5. Law of electronic communications - State administration of telecommunications.
6. Law of electronic communications - Regulation of telecommunications.
7. Standardization in ICT. Standardization bodies.
8. Implementation of European law into the national legislation.
9. Regulation of the radiocommunications - the spectrum mngmt of terrestrial and space infrastructure and services.
10. Trends in the spectrum management for new advance radiocommunication technologies and services.
11. Protection of the identity. Protection of the content
12. Competition law. Protection of Competition.
13. Further possible development of law in the field of communication and media. Final summary. Conclusion.
14. Reserve lecture.
1. Introduction. Organizational matters. Seminars topics assignment.
2. The role of the Czech Telecommunication Office in the regulation of electronic communications in the Czech Republic.
3. Seminar: Management and regulation of the electronic communications market in the USA - FCC.
4. Seminar: Management and regulation of the electronic communications market in the United Kingdom - Ofcom.
5. Seminar - Current problems in European telecommunications - EC.
6. Legal aspects related to software operation.
7. Seminar: Management and coordination of global telecommunications - ITU.
8. Main outcomes of the World Radiocommunication Conference - WRC 15.
9. Problems of harmonization of European telecoms regulation.
10. Seminar: Management and coordination of European telecommunications - CEPT.
11. Seminar: Regulation of the media market in the Czech Republic and in some EU Member States - F, UK.
12. Application of legislation in the electronic communications sector in regulatory practice.
13. Slovak Telecommunication Office's role in the regulation of electronic communications in the Slovak Republic.
14. Reserve exercise.
Goldstein, F.: The Great Telecom Meltdown, Artech House, 2005, 209 p., ISBN: 978-1580539395.
Walden, I. - Angel, J.: Telecommunication Law and Regulation, Oxford University Press, 2005, 778 p., ISBN: 978-0199274475.
Packard, A.: Digital Media Law, Wiley-Blackwell, 2010, 416 p., ISBN: 978-1118290729.
Cave, M. - Doyle,C. - Webb, W.: Essentials of Modern Spectrum Management, Cambridge University Press, 2007, 278 p., ISBN: 978-0521876698.