|Cvičící||Jan Holub, Oldřich Slavata|
Basic types of circuits and blocks of digital measuring instruments are described and analysed. Range and linearity for analogue circuits and interfaces for digital circuits are analysed in detail.
1. General structure of digital measuring devices and signal generators
2. Directly coupled amplifiers and attenuators
3. Insulating and modulating amplifiers
4. Mean value and RMS converters, peak detectors
5. Frequency conversion, oscillators, mixers
6. Reference voltage and current sources, harmonic and function generators
7. Measurement chain and signal channel design - signal ranges, linearity and noise
8. Switching and coupling circuits
9. Time and amplitude signal quantization, samplers, errors
10. Advanced analogue-to-digital converters
11. Digital-to-analogue converters, signal reconstruction
12. Frequency and phase digital measurement blocks, phase synchronization, direct digital synthesis
13. Interface circuits for standard buses and interfaces
14. Rules for design of analogue and digital parts from the point of view on electromagnetic compatibility
Laboratory exercises in the half of the semester will deploy both SW and HW models of basic electronic blocks and measurement circuits. Finally, individual projects including block design, model realization and parameters verification are solved and presented. Its successful defense and good results from two written tests are the necessary part of the final assessment.
Stephan, K.: Analog and Mixed-Signal Electronics, 1st Edition. Wiley 2015, ISBN: 978-1-118-78266-8.