Knowledge of current basic passive and active electronic components.
Structure, physical and circuit properties of components.
Component behavior when working with both small and large analog, digital and optical signals.
More complex circuit systems and communication technologies.
Measuring the most important applications of modern semiconductor devices.
1. Historical overview of the development of microelectronics and integrated circuits, Moore's laws, methods of design, trends.
2. Basic types and properties of semiconductors, PN junction, transition, metal-semiconductor, diode.
3. Rectifiers, stabilized power supplies.
4. Unipolar transistor (MOSFET, JFET), structure, principle, actions, models.
5. Bipolar transistor, structure, principle, actions, models.
6. Transistor amplifiers, amplifier classes, working point settings, characteristics.
7. Semiconductor switching components and circuits.
8. Technology of digital circuits and memories.
9. Optoelectronics, LED (especially in lighting technology).
10. Sensors, measurement of physical quantities (temperature, pressure, humidity, etc.).
11. Basic types of modulations, modulators, demodulators.
12. Basic concepts of communications, basic types of data transmissions (wireless, wiring, optical), data transmission over power lines.
13. Radio communication systems, broadcasting of radio and television.
14. Mobile communications, data radio networks.
1. Organizational matters. Electronic components in circuitry.
2. Properties of passive components (R, L, C) in basic circuits. Measurement and simulation.
3. Properties and parameters of different types of diodes. Determination of working point and measurement of properties.
4. Application of diodes - design, simulation and measurement of basic circuits.
5. Setting of working points of unipolar and bipolar transistors.
6. Comparison of properties of bipolar and unipolar transistors in typical circuits.
7. Small signal amplifier - measurement and simulation of transistor amplifier.
8. Application of stabilized sources - design and simulation of typical connections.
9. Measurement and simulation of bipolar and unipolar transistors in switching mode.
10. CMOS inverter - basic properties and connections (measurement, simulation)
11. Overview and examples of the involvement of more complex digital structures.
12. Big signal amplifier - measurement and simulation of circuit with operational amplifier.
13. Design of optical transmission path, measurement and simulation of optocoupler.
14. Circuit design examples with sensors.
A.S.Sedra, K. C. Smith, Microelectronic Circuits (Part 1), Oxford University Press, 2011