Models of dynamical systems. Methods and process of simulation. Program Pspice. Matlab/Simulink environment. State models of systems and solutions. Control circuits, controllers, and determination of parameters. Circuit models of power converters. Dynamical models in average values of power electronic converters. Models of converters and machines for high frequencies. Method of finite elements and use for optimization of magnetic field in electric machine. Process and SW tools for design of main types of electric machines.
Credit conditions: Attendance by the study laws, activity by the exercise solution, right disposed and worked individual exercises
1. Models of dynamical systems. Methods of simulation. Overview of simulation tools. Program Pspice.
2. MATLAB/Simulink environment.
3. State models of systems and their solution. Transfer functions. Impulse, transient and frequency characteristics and their relations. Control circuits, controllers and determination of control parameters.
4. Design of control loops of DC motor drive and their parameters.
5. Circuit models of electronic power converters. Time-variant and time-invariant topology. Models of power elements. Dynamic models of converters.
6. Models of converters and motors for high frequencies.
7. Simulation of IM drive with vector control in Matlab/Simulink environment. Simulation of drive with using SimPowerSystems tool.
8. Optimization of non-rotating electric machines ? electromagnetic design.
9. Numeric solution of electromagnetic fields, finite elements methods.
10. Determination of border conditions, choice of elements, material properties, construction of mesh.
11. Visualization of results, basic types of tasks.
12. Optimization of rotating electric machines ? electromagnetic design.
13. Design of main dimensions of magnetic circuit, design of winding.
14. Calculation of resistances, reactances, and losses. Check of warming.
1. Matlab/Simulink environment.
2. Simulation of controlled DC drive in Matlab/Simulink environment.
3. Simulation of controlled DC drive in Matlab/Simulink environment.
4. Simulation of controlled DC drive in Matlab/Simulink environment.
5. Simulation of IM drive with vector control in Matlab/Simulink environment.
6. Simulation of IM drive with vector control in Matlab/Simulink environment.
7. Simulation of IM drive with vector control in Matlab/Simulink environment. Usage of tool SimPowerSystems.
8. Design of choke without magnetic core - application SW - criteria of selection of optimum variant.
9. Introduction in MKP - COSMOS/M environment.
10. Examples of basic types of tasks.
11. Solution of individual task. Optimization of geometry of magnetic circuit. Introduction in SW environment CAD - SPEED for design of rotating machines.
12. Example of solution of basic types of rotating machines.
13. Design of selected rotating machine by using CAD - SPEED tool.
 Kassakian, J. G., Schlecht, M.F., Verghese, G. C.: Principles of Power Electronics. Addison-Wesley Publ., 1992.
 Manuals MATLAB and SIMULINK. The MathWorks, Inc.
 Reece, A. B., Presto, T.: Finite Element Methods in Electrical Power Engineering. Oxford University Press, 2000
Slemon,G.R.: Electric Machines and Drives; Addison-Wesley Publishing Comp., 1992
 CHIASSON, John Nelson. Modeling and high performance control of electric machines. Hoboken: Wiley, ?2005. xx, 709 s. ISBN 0-471-68449-X.
 Manuals for ANSYS Maxwell