This course presents applications of embedded systems and their specifics. It is expected that the students have had a programming course, and thus the course is more oriented on explaining and describing the blocks and functions of embedded systems and their use in signal processing, rather than writing code.
After completing this course, students should have an overview of usability and power of available processors, and their peripherals, on the basis of which, they should be able to independently design embedded systems for a wide spectrum of applications.
1. Architecture of ARM Cortex M processors for embedded systems
2. ARM based microcontrollers
3. Microcontroller elements and peripherals, electrical parameters of I/O pins
4. User interfacing and control
5. Actuator interfacing
6. Digital signal processing ? digitalization, sampling, quantization, spectrum, sampling theorem
7. Signal generation processing, Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS), signal processors
8. Spectrum analysis, FFT ? DFT, correlation function and their use
9. Digital filters ? basic types and their use, realization on microcontrollers and DSPs
10. Semiconductor sensors and MEMS, interfacing with embedded systems, information processing
11. Image and optoelectronic sensors, image acquisition and its use
12. Embedded systems in automotive, wearable, toys etc.
13. Embedded systems in smart homes, security, IoT