Attention is paid to the basic knowledge of ecology, the state of the environment, phenomena affecting its quality and sustainability. Measurement systems, measurement methods, monitoring and sensors of environmental variables are briefly discussed. Laboratories practice many of these measurement methods.
Elaboration of 5 experiments reports, successfully written test, participation on an excursion.
To obtain a survey in environmental engineering.
1. Environmental survey of the Czech Republic and the World.
2. Environmental problems. Ecosystems. Biodiversity.
3. Air pollution. Immissions and emissions assessments.
4. Measuring and monitoring methods in the environment.
5. Food security. Soil. Pest management. Assessment and monitoring.
6. Environmental hazards. Human health.
7. Climate, climate change. Impact assessment.
8. Nature treasure. Non-renewable/renewable energy. Impact assessment.
9. Water resources, water pollution. Assessment and monitoring.
10. Waste management. Waste-free technologies.
11. Noise. Infrasound. Ultrasound. Vibration. Assessment and measuring methods.
12. Electrical and magnetic fields. Ionizing radiation. Assessment and measuring methods.
13. Thermal comfort. Light comfort. Measurement methods and sensors.
14. Nuclear Energetics. Environmental projects. Databases. Test.
1. Measurement of flue gases.
2. Measurement of electric fields of residual charges.
3. Measurement of total mineralization in water.
4. Polarographic and amperometric measurement of water from the tap.
5. Measurement of leaking magnetic field of industrial frequencies at interiors.
6. Measurement of variation of geomagnetic field declination.
7. Measurement of induced AC electric currents (induced AC voltages) of industrial frequency in bodies of exposed persons.
8. Excursion: Wastewater treatment plant or Czech Hydrometeorological Institute.
Miller, G.T.,Spoolman S.: Living in the Environment 18e. ISBN-13: 9781285197210, ISBN-10: 1285197216, 2015 (Techn. Library)
Wright R.T., Boorse D.: Environmental Science: Toward a Sustainable Future, ISBN 0321811291 (ISBN13: 9780321811295). 2014 (Techn. Library)
Myers N., Spoolman S.: Environmental Issues and Solutions. ISBN-13:978-1-4354-6232-8, ISBN-10:1-4354-6232-7, 2014 (Techn. Library)
Global Environmental Outlook, GEO4, Environment for Development. UNEP, 2007, http://aldebaran.feld.cvut.cz/
Europe's environment - The fourth assessment, http://aldebaran.feld.cvut.cz/
Haberle G.:Umwelttechnik fur Schule und Beruf. Verlag Europa-Lehrmittel, Nourney, Vollmer GmbH&Co.,42781 Haan-Gruiten Germany 2000
Report on the Environment of the Czech Republic, Ministry of the Environment of the Czech Republic, Prague 2017.