The course explains the basic building blocks of the electric drive. The designof components, electrical drives, typical load characteristics. Further are discussed the basic control structures for drives with DC and AC motors and components required for their implementation as the structure of a control computer circuits to switch from analog signals to digital and implementation regulators themselves in digital form.
Active participation on labs (max.3 excused absences), elaboration of check test, presentment of own lab works
- Definition of electric drive, logic control drives.
- Continuous regulation, transmissions, static and dynamic behavior of the controlled system equation.
- Analysis of operating conditions, electromechanics transient phenomena.
- Block schemes of drives with DC motors, mathematical model.
- Drives with asynchronous motors, coordinate transformation, the principle of vector control and direct torque control.
- Drives with synchronous motors, excitation systems, speed control of synchronous motors.
- Drives with EC motors, SRM drives.
- Transition from analogue to digital signal processing, time sampling and amplitude quantization.
- Differential equations and digital control algorithms.
- The control computer for electrical drives and its structure.
- Organisation of shared resources control computer system interrupts, DMA system.
- Special circuit blocks to support the measurement and signal generation in the electric drives.
- Programming techniques and languages ??for software development and testing of electric drives.
- Revision of knowledge from electrical machines and power electronics
- Introduction of the drive laboratory, safety regulations, laboratory order
- Contact control of the electric drive, realization on the logic automaton
- Calculating the behavior of the digital system in the time and frequency domains
- Calculation of PSD controller
- Transients of electric drives, measurement of time constants
- Measurement of inertia torque and dynamic torque characteristics of asynchronous motor
- Sizing - determination of motor power during cyclic loading of the drive
- Direct current driven motor powered by thyristor-controlled reversing rectifier - mechanical drive characteristic measurement
- Speed control of asynchronous motor with frequency inverter
- Different ways of starting an asynchronous motor
- Synchronous motor
- Measurement on doubly fed motor
 CHIASSON, John Nelson. Modeling and high performance control of electric machines. Hoboken: Wiley, 2005. ISBN 0-471-68449-X.
 LEONHARD, Werner. Control of electrical drives. 3rd ed. Berlin: Springer, 2001. xviii, 460 s. ISBN 3-540-41820-2.
 Ned Mohan, William P. Robbins, Tore M. Undeland: WIE Power Electronics: Converters, Applications and Design, Media Enhanced , 3rd Edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, March 2003