Student learn main design methodologies of analog, digital and optoelectronic integrated systems; Detailed description of the technological process for the IC production; CMOS technologies and its advanced sub-micron trends; IC chip topology, layout and design rules; Technology of micro-electro-mechanical systems MEMS.
The students are expected to have a good understanding of the electronic components principle (unipolar and bipolar transistor, etc.) and electronics circuit analysis. Students are expected to have knowledge of modelling and simulation of electronic circuits.
Students will understand the problems of the design of integrated circuits and integrated systems.
1. Historical overview of the development of integrated systems and integrated circuits, design methodologies, perspective trends.
2. Methodology of analog, digital and mixed-signal integrated systems (top down, bottom up), the design abstraction levels, Application Specific Integrated Systems ASIC - principles of ASIC hierarchy, comparing the performance, economics aspects
3. Fabrication integrated circuits processes - materials, wafer preparation, types of lithography (DUV, EUV, electron, X-Ray), etching (plasma, RIE)
4. Fabrication integrated circuits processes - ion implantation, diffusion, epitaxial growth, chemical vapor deposition CVD, PVD, planarization, copper metallization, ICs packaging and testing.
5. The CMOS process technology step by step, IC topology and layout, routing, CMOS technology design kits.
6. Modern sub-micron IC technologies, Silicon on Insulator (SOI) technology, Strained silicon technology, Radio Frequency ICs, multilevel metallization (dual Damascene), fin FET technology.
7. CAD tools for the design of integrated circuits, IC circuit simulations analysis (DC, Transient, AC, Noise, PSS, PAC), testing and diagnostics. Design methodologies of digital, analog and mixed integrated systems.
8. Design of Analog Integrated System - technological requirements, concept of analog design and hierarchical structure (Hierarchy editor) models and libraries for analog blocks; Layout and ICs topology, design rules, parasitic structures and parasitic extraction.
9. Digital integrated system technology requirements, specifications and abstraction methods Digital design methodologies. IC technology (Design Kit) selection, Hardware Description Language HDL, Synthesis.
10. Digital circuit Physical Synthesis - chip topology, floorplaning, routing; design rule check, parasitic extraction. Placement of functional blocks, power distribution, clock distribution, chip verification methods.
11. Mixed-signal design methodologies, technology requirements abd design specifications, hierarchical classification, component models for analog and digital blocks.
12. Micro-electro-mechanical systems MEMS - technologies, applications.
13. Testing and diagnosis of integrated systems, design for manufacturing and yield.
1. Introduction to work under UNIX and introduction to CADENCE design tools
2. CMOS design kits, simulation of analogue ICs, simulator Spectre.
3. Parameters of logic gates and characteristics of CMOS transmition gate.
4. Analog IC design flow, testbenches
5. Influence of processing variances, Corner analysis, Monte Carlo analysis.
6. Layout of analogue IC.
7. Layout of analogue IC.
8. Design rule check, parasitic extraction.
9. Digital IC design flow, simulations.
10. Synthesis and verification of digital IC design.
11. Design of optic devices for sensors and informatics
12. Design of optoelectronic devices for sensors and informatics, substitute circuits.
13. Principles of optical and optoelectronic IC design
14. Work presentation, final assessment