|Přednášející||Pavel Mach, Karel Dušek|
|Cvičící||Pavel Mach, Karel Dušek|
Development of technology of packaging. Contemporary methods of packaging of components SOP, DIP, SIP, ZIP, QFP and others, properties, advantages,disadvantages. Comparison of packages from the viewpoint of environmental resistivity. Classification of multichip modules. Multichip modules of different types: MCM-L, MCM-C, MCM-D, PMCM. Substrates for multichip modules. Technology of contacting og dies. Electrical design of MCMs. Thermal design of MCMs. Physical design of MCMs. Parameters for evaluation of MCMs. Reliability of MCMs. Design tools. Programmable modules. Applications of MCMs.
The student must obtain a credit first to be admitted to the examination. The exam will require knowledge of the lectured subject matter, selected study materials and the subject matter discussed in the exercises.
To provide the student with information about the basic segments of electronic assembly, especially with regard to the technology of electronic components packaging and their assembly. Problems of integrated circuits and MCM circuits will be presented in more detail. The student will also be familiar with the techniques of assembly of electronic components, their advantages, disadvantages and limitations.
1. Housing functions, package hierarchy, package classification, trends.
2. Electromagnetic properties of signal conductor, signal distortion, crosstalk noise, reflections.
3. Thermal aspects of housing design, reliability, testing, components and equipment of different quality levels.
4. Current and future trends in packaging technologies.
5. First level of encapsulation - chip-level encapsulation. Wirebonding, TAB, Flip-Chip.
6. Types of first level housings in terms of materials used - properties, limitations.
7. Second level cases.
8. Electric housing design and its attributes. Signal distribution, energy distribution, noise.
9. Case heat design and its attributes. Basic mechanisms of heat transfer in shells.
10. Measurement of chip temperature in the housing, basics of package cooling.
11. Housing reliability and factors that influence it. Reliability metrology.
12. Climatic interactions. Thermal stress and fatigue caused by thermal stress.
13. Processes connected with production of cases.
14. Techniques and theoretical tools associated with the evaluation of packages quality.
1. Introduction to laboratory tasks, safety.
2. Lead-free soldering technology.
3. Effect of mechanical stress on properties of soldered joints.
4. Electrically conductive bonding technology.
5. Viv mechanical and climatic stress on the properties of bonded joints.
6. Effect of current loading (DC, AC) on properties of bonded joints.
7. Vapor soldering, ultrasonic soldering - demonstration.
8.-12. Processing individual tasks.
13. Presentation and defense of an individual task.
 Lu, D., Wong, C. P.: IMaterials for advanced packaging. Technology and Engineering, 2016. ISBN 978-3319832098
 Jin, Y., Wang, Z., Chen, J.: Introduction to microsystem packaging technology. CRC Press. 2017. ISBN 978-1-4398-1910-4
 Tummala, R.R., Rymaszevski, J., Klpfenstein, A.G.: Microelectronics Packaging Handbook, Part 1-3, Springer, 1997. ISBN 978-0412084317