|Vyučováno v||Winter and summer|
|Rozsah výuky||2P + 2L|
The course introduces students with the fundamentals of data communication networks. The course objective is to provide broader understanding of various communication protocols used in specific types of data networks based on the layered OSI model. The course also provides students with fundamental understanding of TCP/IP protocol family as it is used in the Internet era of networking, including practical experience with the data networks in laboratory.
no special knowledege requirement is neccessary
The students will acquire broader understanding of communication networks and protocols to be help them better select their future study of more in-depth focused subjects in the field of networking.
1. Introduction. Basic concepts, historical overview.
2. Methods of communication, layered models, networks topologies.
3. Application protocols - socket, web, telnet.
4. Transport protocols - TCP, UDP. Securing L4 - TLS.
5. Network addresses -- principles, assignment, translations.
6. Domain Name System - DNS.
7. E-mail - basic principles and protocols.
8. Routing in data networks. AS. Routing principles.
9. Local network. Network devices.
10. Virtualization in data networks.
11. Cryptography and public key infrastructure.
12. Accessing the Internet.
13. Security in LAN - Ethernet, Spanning tree.
14. Basic concepts of network administration.
1. Preliminary exercises, health and safety, assessment conditions.
2. Get familiar with the lab. Network diagnostic tools.
3. The basics of configuration and control of Cisco routers.
4. Lab: Wireshark; TCP, UDP analysis.
5. IP addressing. Project definition.
6. Lab: Domain Name Systém.
7. Lab: E-mail.
8. Lab: Routing.
9. Lab: DHCP and NAT.
10. Lab: Virtual LAN.
11. Lab: Cryptography.
12. Lab: ADSL router.
13. Project consultations. The compensatory exercise.
Peterson, L. L. Computer Networks, 5th edition. The Morgan Kaufmann. 2011.
Forouzan, B. A. Data Communications and Networking, 5th edition. McGraw-Hill Education. 2012.