The course introduces particular topics concerning transmission and distribution systems, mainly load flow solutions, specific aspects of system steady states and possibilities to control these states. The course also deals with synchronous generators characteristics in different operational states.
Condition for obtaining assessment is participation in seminars and semester thesis elaboration. Passing the exam is given by the Study and Examination Code for Students of the Czech Technical University in Prague.
1. Load flow calculation in ES
2. Optimal generation power dividing in ES
3. Current carrying capacity of overhead power lines
4. Electric-magnetic field of overhead power lines
5. Active and reactive power flows control in ES
6. FACTS systems in power systems - principles
7. FACTS systems in power systems - applications for control in ES
8. Phase-shifting transformers, HVDC transmission in ES
9. Overhead lines mechanics
10. Electric-magnetic couplings in synchronous machines
11. Synchronous machine operational states
12. Electric-magnetic phenomena in ES
13. Electric-mechanic phenomena in ES
Saadat, H.: Power System Analysis. McGraw-Hill, New York, 2011.
Acha, E..: Three-phase Power System Analysis. A D Publishing, New York 2015.
Hingorani, N.G., Gyugyi, L.: Undestanding FACTS. IEEE Press, 2000.
Weedy, B.M. a kol: Electric Power Systems. Wiley 2012.
Machowski, J..: System Dynamics: Modeling, Simulation, and Control of Mechatronic Systems. Wiley, 2012,