Any interest in coming to the lab to do experiments?

Any interest in coming to the lab to do experiments?

autor Hurák Zdeněk -
Počet odpovědí: 4

Dear students,

based on the discussions with some of you during the exercises on Wednesday, I promised to explore legal possibilities to bring at least some of you to the lab to be able to do some experiments related to the offered (optional) semestral projects.

Through this post I want to get an idea about the number of interested students. Please let me know here if you want to take this opportunity. I will then immediately consult the legal possibilities with our administrators. It appears there are some – you take a Covid test before coming to the lab and I will make sure that just a very small number of students in the lab.

Please let me explain that this is really just an optional activity and if you do not want or just cannot participate (because you are not staying in Prague or because you must take the anticovid precautions more seriosly), you will certainly not be penalized. It is just that I want to save at least a bit of the hands-on/applied/experimental component of this course for you.

Based on the number of interested students, I will come up with some proposal of time slots that you can have in the lab while not meeting another group. Please, indicate, who wants to come together with whoom (for a single experiment, I think that it makes no sense to come to the lab in more than 3 persons or so, even if the team working on the project is actually a bit larger). Please indicate also possible time windows for such visit. I think that taking into consideration the complications with covid tests and the necessity to use the public transport, it is more efficient to consider a time window of a few hours so that you can do some reasonable amount of work. I guess that we can perhaps aim at one initial introductory visit and then maybe one or two more visits after you process the data from the experiments.

Currently I think I can direct you mostly to the "quanser helicopter" model https://moodle.fel.cvut.cz/mod/page/view.php?id=189664. We are currently struggling with the "active suspension" model https://moodle.fel.cvut.cz/mod/page/view.php?id=189665 (it used to work but somehow we have problems to make it running these days). But you can perhaps give us a hand with it too.

V odpovědi na Hurák Zdeněk

Re: Any interest in coming to the lab to do experiments?

autor Belák Jan -
Dobrý večer,
Rád bych vyzkoušel řízení modelu "quanser helicopter". Co se týče času mám volno pouze ve čtvrtek odpoledne mezi 12 a 18 hodinou a v pondělí po 16 hodině

autor Hodan Dominik -
I'd also be interested in coming to carry out the experiments on my own/with my teammate!

autor Fischer Dominik -
I would also like to be physically present when performing the experiments, if possible.

autor Hruška Antonín -
Hello there,

I would also like to attend those labs physically. However, my time-schedule is not quite benevolent, so it quite boils down to the possible dates and times (and conditions) of meetings.

Anyway, thanks for the initiative!