HW3

HW3

autor Matoušek Ondřej -
Počet odpovědí: 7

Hi, I am struggling with HW3. I am doing this with information from the lectures and the dimensions of my matrices are incorrect somehow. I need to double check this. Matrix H is computed with a matrix multiplication C~'*Q~*C~. The dimensionality of Q_ is given by the augmented state vector x~ which should have dimensionality 1 x n+m, because it is length of state vector (n) + length of a single input (m), so in here it could be 6. Matrix C~ however does not correspond to this, as it has dimensionality 60x20. Can someone advise in this situation? Surely I just do not understand correctly. Thanks!

V odpovědi na Matoušek Ondřej

Re: HW3

autor Hurák Zdeněk -
You write "the augmented state vector x~ which should have dimensionality 1 x n+m, because it is length of state vector (n) + length of a single input (m), so in here it could be 6". Is this correct?
V odpovědi na Hurák Zdeněk

autor Matoušek Ondřej -
it probably isnt, but in the video you specify that x~ = [x;delta u(t-1)]. I though ti should be 1 x m+n. Is this wrong assumption?

autor Hurák Zdeněk -
It may help if you mention the time within the video.

Anyway, I guess that x~ should denote stacked vectors (actually both state vectors and control vectors) over the time horizon. Therefore its dimension should certainly depend on N as well. Indeed, Kajetán states this correctly in his response.

I do not exclude the possibility that I have some omission in the videos though.
V odpovědi na Hurák Zdeněk

autor Šobíšek Kajetán -
There was just a mistake within the declaration of matrix Qdoublebar in the video, but that is fixed in the texts from the videos. And as you said in the video, the x~ is augmented state vector over the time horizon of size N. The most important thing here is not to mix notations of variables eg. x~ vs. x~_k, size N*(m+n) vs. size m+n.

autor Šobíšek Kajetán -
Qdouble bar is given by C~'*Q*C~ that is in dimension C~ - p x m+n and Q - p x p so the dimension of C~'*Q*C~ is m+n x m+n. In result Qdoublebar is then square matrix N*(m+n) and that is valid with the dimension of matrix Cdoublebar that you mentioned as 60x20.